The American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS) is a national advisory organization that develops policy forms and rating information used by property/casualty insurers.
Our core purpose is to help companies compete in the marketplace, and we are widely recognized as a valuable product development resource for insurers who need responsive, innovative information services.
More than 700 insurers of all sizes, including some of the largest national carriers, use one or more AAIS programs as the basis of the policies they sell to consumers, businesses, and other organizations.
(AAIS does not sell insurance or provide any service directly to the general public.)
AAIS has a long, rich history of service to P/C insurers through its leadership in product innovation and design.
Since it was organized in 1975 as a multiline advisory organization, AAIS has grown significantly, both in the products and services it offers, and in the number of insurers it serves. AAIS currently offers:
- Forms, manual rules, and rating information for more than 34 programs of personal, commercial, agricultural, and inland marine insurance;
- Statistical reporting plans for programs we support, plus auto; and
- Support services for actuarial analysis, automation, custom product development, state filings, and training.
Our services include the AAIS Underwriting Platform, a cloud-based application introduced in 2013 for underwriting and rating policies based on AAIS programs, and for collecting the data generated in those transactions.
Over the years, our customers have seen how AAIS has led the industry in several key areas:
- Developing and filing by-peril rating for homeowners insurance;
- Creating innovative approaches to writing and rating the growing diversity of farm and agricultural risks;
- Expanding the scope and enhancing the precision of inland marine and output insurance; and
- Developing new coverages and addressing emerging exposures in property and liability insurance.
As AAIS has grown, so has our staff, both in number and in the breadth and depth of its expertise.
Today, AAIS employs a diverse group of experienced insurance professionals highly skilled in the exacting disciplines necessary for insurance product development:
- Actuarial analysis;
- Policy drafting;
- Manual development;
- Regulatory filings,
- Statistical reporting; and
- Technical support.
Several AAIS staff members have managed product lines for P/C insurers, and have firsthand experience of the challenges companies face when implementing and maintaining programs.
With their combined decades of expertise, our specialists have made AAIS a recognized leader in insurance product research and design.
Equally important, however, is our commitment to having our staff specialists personally accessible to respond to the inquiries of AAIS customers.
That's why we say that AAIS provides products and people you can rely on.
Insurance companies seeking more information on AAIS products and services can contact Raul Socha, Director of Business Development, by completing our contact form or by calling 800.564.AAIS x3238.