The Accounting Manager oversees the accounting function supervising and managing the relationships with the external payroll system and the accounting systems. This position works closely with Human Resources, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer to ensure compliance with all state and local laws for employment taxes and reports. This position assumes responsibility for the operational accounting activities.
- Manage timely closing activities including the preparation of journal entries and general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Analyze and monitor the transactions taking place in the organization and ensure that they are recorded according to GAAP requirements.
- Manage the relationships with the payroll provider and the third party accounting provider.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and reporting analysis.
- Manage accounts receivable transactions, recording of receipts and AP cash payments.
- Manage payroll administration and oversight.
- Administer and maintain capital spending and fixed assets.
- Assist in managing banking / cash activity and related reconciliations.
- Assist and support financial and regulatory audits.
- Help maintain and support a strong control environment.
- Provide support to the annual assessment process.
- Proactively contribute ideas for process improvement and best practices.
- Other special projects and analysis as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of GAAP and transactional accounting
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Accounting or related degree
- 4-8 years progressive accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite accounting system
- Experience working with a Not-For-Profit 501(c)(6) organization is a plus
- CPA certification
- Experience with NetSuite